Wednesday, July 29, 2009

SimplyFun Buddy Terri Kasseth Shares Her Family Game Story: How "Drive" Saved My Summer!

How Drive Saved My Summer!
submitted by Terri Kasseth

We were just about halfway through summer and 3 of my kiddos (ages 4, 6,& 8) chose to bicker constantly from sun up to sun down. Cartoons ruled my house and the kids tried to rule each other with their choice of cartoons. I was going crazy constantly breaking up fights.

One afternoon, I was on the phone losing my mind with a friend and said, "This is why God made schools, because not all mothers are intended to be with their children all day long!" It was at that moment I knew I couldn't let the next 6 weeks of my summer be this way.

The next morning we woke up and I did not allow any cartoons at all. The very first thing we did was sit down and play Drive. A wonderfully quiet, calming, and relaxing game. Everyone, even the 4 year old, understood how to play and enjoyed the game. We played for an hour. Then they ate breakfast. After breakfast the mood was cheerful and everyone enjoyed their own activities, a couple of them even played together without fighting. The routine took place each morning that week.

However, when the kids came to wake me up early they were asking to play Drive instead of watching cartoons.

The atmosphere in my house was such a dramatic change, I couldn't believe it. We now enjoy time together playing Drive each morning. My kids are happy and enjoying each other and that makes Mom very happy! Thanks SimplyFun for such a fabulous game!

No comments:

Post a Comment