Thursday, October 1, 2009

Networking to Grow Yourself and Your Business

Networking is defined in the Dictionary.com as:

–noun a supportive system of sharing information and services among individuals and groups having a common interest: Working mothers in the community use networking to help themselves manage successfully.


Until recently I never really realized to what degree I have been living this definition. It seems as though my lifestyle has always been about networking. Everyday when I get out and about, chat on the phone or just simply walk my neighborhood, I am networking in one form or another. It’s so simple that we never really even realized that what we have been doing all these years is networking until someone in the professional world put a label on it.


As a business owner, I suppose I’ve always known the benefits of a more structured networking opportunities. Through the years, I’ve learned that it’s not necessary for me to pay annual membership dues to join a formal networking club. Nor do I have to succumb to the “old boys’ network” of civic and political networking. I had sampled such networking opportunities and found them to be old fashioned, expensive, regimented and somewhat limited. That is not at all what I was looking for in a networking group.


Remember the thrill you get from an amusement ride, that rush of adrenaline, the utter excitement. That is how I feel when I play an instrumental part in bringing together people who might otherwise be total strangers. Because I’m a business owner, it especially rewarding to network with other like-minded professional women.

I’m so grateful to have found The Joy of Connecting, a women networking group exclusively for women professionals and female business owners. This monthly experience has opened new doors for me with like-minded women professionals.


The Joy of Connecting is...

  • a wonderful gathering for business owners, entrepreneurs, professional women and guests. Unlike other groups, there is no membership requirement.
  • committed to spreading joy, support and genuine connections. We dedicate our open hearts to welcoming, nurturing, supporting and respecting women in all areas of their lives. This monthly gathering is different, rewarding and fun for all attendees!
  • open to any women interested in building relationships, expanding her business, promoting a cause, or helping others grow! There will be only one women per company or business category present at each gathering.
  • growing so feel free to invite your friends or forward this message to other women professionals, who also must register in advance. Registration information can be found at http://bit.ly/IpT0c.


Everyday I help others reconnect through healthy interactive play by sharing my business. This entrepreneurial spirit has awakened something deeper. Now, as a member of The Joy of Connecting, I am able to share the gifts of inspiration, collaboration and cooperation and link others who otherwise may have never met.


Last month was our “launch” gathering of The Joy of Connecting Saint Louis. Ten of us have embarked on a wonderful journey to healthy, happy and interactive lives in the Gateway City. There’s so much more room on our ship of dreams. Helping others is a GREAT feeling. Join us and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment